Saturday, August 18, 2012

Glass Vials: Day 2



"I try to get the dog working odor in different containers as soon as I'm sure the Report behavior is stable to handle that as a criterion shift."        ~ Steve White



DOG:
Lily
DATE:
8/7/12 12:00 AM
SCENT TYPE:  (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
Earl Grey black tea
ORIGIN:

DATE OF CAPTURE:
Day 2: tea infused water
AGE WHEN USED:
Day 2: HC1
Day 1: HC2
Day 1: SS (fresh tea bag)
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
refrigerated spray
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
HC1= re-hydrated tissue
HC2= hydrated cotton square
SS= tea bag
INTENSITY:  (# of holes)
1
CONTAINER TYPE:
glass vial
# of CONTAINERS:
6
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
1 sample; dummies 
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
12" scent wheel
SESSIONS:
1
2
3
4
Description
HC1
tissue
HC1
tissue w/dummies
HC2
cotton
square
HC2
cotton
square w/dummies
Reps:
10
16
10
18
% Success Rate:
100
50
100
60
Time:
1:26
1:56
1:34
2:18

SESSIONS:
5
6


Description
SS
teabag
SS;
teabag/
w/dummies


Reps:
10
11


% Success Rate:
100
91


Time:
1:34
1:51



ORIGIN of SAMPLE:

COMMENTS:  
Today I’ve made some changes.
  • Sessions 3 and 4:  hydrated a cotton square, which is more absorbent than tissue.  Hopefully that will produce a stronger scent
    • HC1= original HC made yesterday on tissue; I will rehydrate w/the stronger water
    • HC2= newHC made today with cotton square
  • the water has been steeping in the refrigerator overnight.  Hopefully that will produce a stronger scent
  • begin at the beginning again
  • Flipping sessions.  I like being able to review the sessions
TESTING:
  • scent medium
    • tissue vs cotton square
  • hydration strength
    • time spent w/HP in water
  • HC vs SS
    • everything else the same
In keeping with our policy of not making assumptions, but only collecting data at this stage, this would be an excellent test for Syn to replicate with the HC samples that I sent you, Sue.  Curious to see if the results would be similar or different when using seizure scent.

NOTE:  I wonder if the visual tea hydration has any comparison to the invisible SS hydration in strength and absorption.  IOW, does SS strengthen or weaken being left in water longer?




Glass Vials Session 1
HC1
#6
Re-hydrated tissue paper




Glass Vials Session 2
HC1
#6
Dummies: #1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dummies contain dry tissue paper
False positives occurred consistently on #3, 4




Glass Vials Session 3
HC2
#6
Hydrated cotton square



Glass vials Session 4
HC2
#6
Dummies: #1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dummies contain dry cotton squares


Next I will repeat the same 2 tests, using a fresh tea bag sample (SS).




Glass Vials Session 5
SS: #6
#6
new tea bag



Glass Vials Session 6
SS: #6
Dummies: #1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dummies contain tissue paper
The single false positive was on #1, next to the sample #6




No comments:

Post a Comment