"I try to get the dog working odor in different containers as soon as I'm sure the Report behavior is stable to handle that as a criterion shift." ~ Steve White
DOG:
|
Lily
|
|||
DATE:
|
8/6/2012
|
|||
SCENT TYPE: (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
|
Earl Grey black tea
|
|||
ORIGIN:
|
||||
DATE OF CAPTURE:
|
created 8/6/2012 from 3 day old HP
|
|||
AGE WHEN USED:
|
Day 1: HC
|
|||
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
|
room temp
|
|||
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
|
tissue paper square; hydrated
|
|||
INTENSITY: (# of holes)
|
1
|
|||
CONTAINER TYPE:
|
glass vial
|
|||
# of CONTAINERS:
|
6
|
|||
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
|
6 and 1
|
|||
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
|
12" scent wheel
|
|||
SESSIONS:
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
4
|
Description
|
HC
|
1HC;
5 D |
HC
|
HC
|
Reps:
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
% Success Rate:
|
90
|
70
|
70
|
100
|
Time:
|
n/a
|
n/a
|
n/a
|
n/a
|
ORIGIN of SAMPLE:
COMMENTS:
New test:
- dry 3-day old sample would not fit into the vial, so I put the sample (tea bag) into 3 oz distilled water, shook the bottle, let sit on the counter for 15 minutes. 2 squirts onto tissue square (HC).
- first time using tissue paper
- first time using glass vials
- first time using only 1 hole
- first time making a "HC" sample from a tea bag
- the same Earl Gray black tea scent that we have been working with since resuming training
NOTE: The glass vials that I have might accept another hole in the lid, but it would be tight. These vials are too small for a tea bag and probably too small for a cotton square. Dental cotton would fit nicely.
Contamination Test: Lily sniffed each container several times; did not mark at all
NOTE: I refrigerated the tea infused water in the refrigerator with the tea bag inside (I couldn't get it out without losing the water).
Trial 1: S #6; Lily easily marked the sample; wheel remained stationary
Trial 2: S #6; D 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; Lily circled the wheel several times; wheel remained stationary; dummy vials contained dry tissue paper
Trial 3: S #6; Lily repeatedly marked empty container #3 before returning to #6; wheel remained stationary
Trial 4: S #6; Lily quickly marked the sample; I turned the wheel between each rep
Because I was using new testing criteria, I RRRd the entire behavior, introducing the single sample vial and leaving the wheel stationary. Then introduced the dummies in Trial 2. When that was problematic, I removed the dummies for the remaining 2 trials. Trial 3 was a repeat of Trial 1. Trial 4 was a repeat of Trials 1 and 3 but the wheel turned between reps.
TRAINING NOTE: If I had had extra lids for the film canisters, it would have been easier for Lily to go from 5 holes of intensity to fewer and fewer until there was only a single hole in the canister lid. IMO, I should have been better equipped and not skipped those steps.
Consequently, I will spend more time with the single vial with only 1 hole of intensity before making the wheel harder.
TRAINING PLAN: I am going to cross-train on alternate sessions
Because I was using new testing criteria, I RRRd the entire behavior, introducing the single sample vial and leaving the wheel stationary. Then introduced the dummies in Trial 2. When that was problematic, I removed the dummies for the remaining 2 trials. Trial 3 was a repeat of Trial 1. Trial 4 was a repeat of Trials 1 and 3 but the wheel turned between reps.
TRAINING NOTE: If I had had extra lids for the film canisters, it would have been easier for Lily to go from 5 holes of intensity to fewer and fewer until there was only a single hole in the canister lid. IMO, I should have been better equipped and not skipped those steps.
Consequently, I will spend more time with the single vial with only 1 hole of intensity before making the wheel harder.
TRAINING PLAN: I am going to cross-train on alternate sessions
- sessions using glass vials
- working with less intensity of scent (1 hole in lid)
- reteach from beginning
- sessions using film canisters
- introducing other scent distractions
- gradually minimizing intensity
No comments:
Post a Comment