Session 3
A fresh bag of Twining's (to better level the playing field at this point) and a new bag of Mighty Leaf Earl Grey Tea. This tea is much more challenging. I remove and replace the Mighty Leaf often throughout this testing in an attempt to "explain" to Lily that her familiar Twining's remains the Target Scent and to not frustrate her attempts. And, perhaps no "explanation" is needed. Just perhaps the difference between the two is minimal - or none at all.
1
First, the new Twining's alone.
Then add the Mighty Leaf.
Immediately Lily indicates repeatedly on the Mighty Leaf.
I remove and then replace. Doesn't seem to make any difference at all.
First, the new Twining's alone.
Then add the Mighty Leaf.
Immediately Lily indicates repeatedly on the Mighty Leaf.
I remove and then replace. Doesn't seem to make any difference at all.
2
This exercise reminded me of Sue's "multi-donor-multi-species" comment w/Syn:
"She indicates on whichever one she comes to first."
Lily is consistently indicating on the Mighty Leaf.
This exercise reminded me of Sue's "multi-donor-multi-species" comment w/Syn:
"She indicates on whichever one she comes to first."
Lily is consistently indicating on the Mighty Leaf.
3
This trial I went back to the original Republic of Tea dummy in #4.
Again, clarifying the game to Lily. And, again, she has no trouble differentiating between
Republic of Tea and Twining's.
4
First, Twining's alone.
Then added Mighty Leaf, with the same false positive result.
This trial I went back to the original Republic of Tea dummy in #4.
Again, clarifying the game to Lily. And, again, she has no trouble differentiating between
Republic of Tea and Twining's.
First, Twining's alone.
Then added Mighty Leaf, with the same false positive result.
Session 4: Twining's vs Organic Sierra
Again, keeping in mind that I am not asking Lily to do something different from what her nose is indicating. When she identifies what I am thinking as a "false positive" and do not mark, I have to remember that according to her nose, it may not be a false positive at all. Perhaps there is no difference between Twining's and the other two teas. Or a very minute difference.
This is just approaching this testing from a different direction.
What I am liking in Lily's work is her persistence. Her tendency to continue indicating while the wheel turns. But mostly what I like is that she likes these "games".
1
The Organic Sierra draws her in, but she is willing to continue the search when not reinforced.
More work with this tea tomorrow.
The Organic Sierra draws her in, but she is willing to continue the search when not reinforced.
More work with this tea tomorrow.
SOURCES: Mighty Leaf - Claytons/ Tartine; Organic Sierra - Panerra
No comments:
Post a Comment