After reviewing Laurie's video, I prepared the Jump Bar differently for Lily's second session.
- No caps on the tubes
- Tea bag in sample tube
- Cotton square in each dummy
- Lower value treat (kibble, but different kibble than her food)
I clicked and then tossed multiple treats (2-3) to give me time to move the tubes between each trial. I did not resent/resend on the one false positive.
It is very hot and humid here today. No AC, so there is a ceiling fan going almost directly above the Jump Bar and 2 floor fans blowing in the room. Lily remains in the game, but we are both moving slowly. Additionally, a black fly has joined us.
Because Lily's scent training is now at the level where I want her to find the "hot" target and ignore residual scent, I freely handle the tubes and the treats in both of my hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment